Help Center Manager
HoneyBook is the leading platform for independent business owners to manage their client flow and cash flow, streamlining all of the steps needed to sell and deliver personalized contracted services. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide an exceptional experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $9 billion in business on its platform.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As the Help Center Manager, your goal is to lead a small team dedicated to creating a compelling and useful knowledge base to allow our customers to understand and unlock the full capabilities of HoneyBook. Working as a part of the larger education team, you’ll craft smart, relevant, and contextually curated content for a great user experience, optimized around impact on ticket deflection/sophistication rates, case resolution time, in-product behavior, trial success and content satisfaction. You’ll also develop sophisticated team and cross-functional processes to ensure the efficient creation and update of content to support new product releases and other business goals like trial success and user adoption. Finally you’ll be leading our generative A.I. efforts and exploration to create a truly best in class, bleeding edge educational experience for our learners.
You’ll be a great match for this role if you have strong experience with Help Center strategy, if you find joy in developing your people, are a lifelong learner and mad scientist at heart, and are truly passionate about building the kind of Help Center everyone else wants to copy.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Develop and refine our Help Center’s brand guidelines and information architecture
- Design content based on discoverability and usability, leveraging data-driven insights
- Develop a process and workflow for creating and managing knowledge content both cross-functionally and among the Help Center team.
- Create best in class technical documentation, how-to articles, and best practices
- Benchmark existing content strategies against industry standards and best practices, and get creative about new content strategies
- Oversee our generative AI strategy
Here is what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Someone who embodies empathetic leadership and a people-first attitude
- A love of developing process
- Intellectually curious; up to date on industry trends
- Innovative and willing to take risks
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
Here is what is needed:
- Experience leading small teams
- 5+ years experience leading externally-facing Help Center/Knowledge Base strategy and operations in the software or other rapidly changing space
- Extensive knowledge of deploying and maintaining a scalable information architecture and page taxonomy that promotes self-service, ease of use, and a great UI/UX
- Experience coordinating with internal teams to understand documentation best practices
- Proven experience creating customer-facing product and strategy documentation for non-technical audiences, preferably content for a business process-oriented tool
- A proven track record of assessing and recommending necessary methods and strategies to improve existing content, and developing an innovative vision for the future
- Experience with leveraging Help Center/Knowledge Base analytics to make data driven decisions
- Experience or interest in exploring generative AI as an educational tool
The good stuff:
- Mission driven: You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do.
- Impact: We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit and market.
- We expect to pay $120,000-145,000 for this position depending on experience and location.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are independents, who generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Founded in 2013, HoneyBook is based in San Francisco and Tel Aviv, has raised $498M and is funded by Tiger Global Management, Norwest Venture Partners, Aleph, Hillsven Capital, OurCrowd, Durable Capital Partners LP, Vintage Investment Partners, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Zeev Ventures and 01 Advisors.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.