Sr Manager, Lifecycle Marketing
HoneyBook is the leading clientflow management platform that makes it easy for independent business owners to sell and deliver their services online. Offering powerful tools for communication, contracts, invoicing, payments, and more, the platform puts independent professionals in control of their process and client experience. HoneyBook is trusted by over 100,000 service-based businesses in the United States and Canada that have booked more than $10 billion in business on the platform.
Our culture is built on five core values that inform everything we do. We encourage collaboration, feedback, ownership and have a growth mindset. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As the Sr Manager, Lifecycle Marketing you’ll be responsible for the strategy, planning, and execution of our lifecycle roadmap; driving engagement across all phases of our member journey from lead management through retention. You’ll manage a team that leverages email marketing and in-product messaging, among other channels to build campaigns, experiments, and messaging that drive member LTV growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team where your impact will be tremendous. Not only are we a small team, where every leader has the potential to drive impact, we are also a product led organization without a sales team. As a result, lifecycle is a key component of our growth strategy.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Develop the strategy and execute a roadmap that drives improvements within four key stages of our customer lifecycle: lead nurture, acquisition nurture, member (customer) engagement, and retention
- Develop cohesive growth and member engagement strategies aligned with both company growth goals and cross-functional efforts
- Foster a culture of experimentation with clear impact metrics directly tied to growth, including improving our testing framework and developing more robust analytics
- Ensure a scalable infrastructure for both our email marketing and in-product messaging efforts
- Effectively segment our lifecycle marketing efforts to drive more relevant messaging to key audiences
- Lead, coach, and inspire a high-performing team
- Work closely with teams across marketing, creative, and analytics to build campaigns, experiments and messaging that increases engagement with our products and services
Here is what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Strategic thinker who is able to take high-level company objectives and translate them into impactful & engaging lifecycle campaigns
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to generate hypotheses centered in data, see through the noise, and leverage that knowledge to improve performance
- Customer-centric approach, including a deep desire to understand our users and their needs to improve the customer lifecycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership skills. It’s not enough to have managed people. We’re looking for someone who can develop, challenge, and inspire
Here is what is needed:
- 8+ years career experience within marketing, with at least 3 years’ experience in a lifecycle marketing role at a product-led company, or a company catering to small business and/or solopreneurs
- Experience leveraging multiple lifecycle channels including email and in-product messaging
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a lifecycle team within a product-led growth environment
- Proficiency with marketing automation tools like Marketo, Iterable, Customer.io, etc, and experience implementing or improving the functionality of these tools in order to drive positive outcomes
The good stuff:
- Mission-driven: You'll be joining more than just another startup - our members are at the heart of everything we do.
- Impact: We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- $134k-$165k base compensation
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
Our core values:
- People come first - As we explore opportunities and work through challenges.
- Raise the bar - We push for greatness - for ourselves and our members.
- Own it - Trust and ownership let us make decisions with confidence.
- We love what we do - And what we create for our members.
- Keep it real - Authenticity, respect and transparency are at our core.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge—our primary customers today are independent business owners, who generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Founded in 2013, HoneyBook is based in San Francisco and Tel Aviv, has raised $498M and is funded by Tiger Global Management, Norwest Venture Partners, Aleph, Hillsven Capital, OurCrowd, Durable Capital Partners LP, Vintage Investment Partners, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Zeev Ventures and 01 Advisors.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.