Director, Solution Engineering APJ
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
SentinelOne is seeking a Director of Solution Engineering APJ to be responsible for managing all Solution Engineers in APJ (India, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Korea and Australia).
Success in this role is dependent on the ability to implement and manage an effective SE strategy that is in line with the senior and corporate leadership vision. This includes working to build strong, productive relationships with prospects, customers, and within the Enterprise sales team; growing, mentoring, and maturing the sales engineering team; recruiting and supporting new customers; and focusing on growing new business opportunities. As a Solution Engineering Director, you will be expected to serve as a technical subject matter expert and assist leadership in achieving success by contributing, mentoring, and supporting the SE leaders as well as aligned sales and SE teams.
This role will also work with sales teams in aligning SentinelOne offerings to prospects' and customers' requirements and helping to drive direction and strategy of demonstrations and proof-of-concept efforts. The ideal candidate possesses a pre-sales security engineer background with expertise in Cloud, Enterprise environments and ideally the endpoint security space focused on EDR, visibility, and threat hunting. The candidate must be responsible, accountable, and a self-starter who excels in a high-paced environment and thrives on positioning value propositions to executives and security practitioners while also being capable of successfully supporting and enabling other team members.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- All candidates must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in cybersecurity, preferably endpoint cyber technologies
- 7 years or more of managerial experience
- Project management experience beneficial
- All candidates must have experience motivating and leading a technical team that achieves a high level of performance, partnership with customers, sales leadership, and product management
- Candidates must demonstrate their ability to problem solve in complex, ambiguous situations and build solutions that address an array of challenges
- The ability to prioritize engagements, be a point of escalation for the region and help support their reports, regional customers and partners
- Ability to achieve mastery of all SentinelOne technologies
- Ability to balance workload and focus between individual contribution and team support
- Provide mentorship and thought leadership to team members throughout the sales cycle
- Demonstrable experience in objection handling and positioning against competitive technologies
- Demonstrable experience speaking to both small and large audiences
- Use concise written and oral communication skills to effectively lead business and technical presentations, demonstrations and conversations with both executives and technical audiences
- Must have demonstrable experience successfully selling to very large, to small and medium-sized customers
- Must have basic knowledge of hacking and exploitation tools, MITRE ATT&CK, other frameworks, and methodologies, detection evasion techniques, notable ransomware/malware and anti-malware solutions and techniques.
- Team focused approach and positive attitude are a must
- Travel up to 50% is possible.
- Experience working in the field of computer forensics, security architecture, penetration/red teamer, or incident responder is a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills, organized, and be highly responsive
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.