Sr. People Technology Program Manager
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Sr. People Technology Program Manager (Workday) to join the People Operations team. You will have joint responsibility for the operation, maintenance, and support of the human resources information systems (HRIS) associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility, and usage of employee information for People department planning and activities.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical and functional expertise on Workday system
- Lead advanced compensation module configuration, testing and deployment with an emphasis on managing sales incentive compensation within Workday
- Partner with the Compensation team and global People team overall to gather requirements and recommend solutions, taking into account priorities and trade-offs
- Ensure systems are accurately configured to meet business requirements through routine data audits and validation
- Manage HRIS implementation of new modules, configuration, and testing tasks
- Design, test, deliver, and support Workday integrations (RaaS, EIB, Core Connector), security and business process configurations
- Build calculated fields, custom reports, dashboards, and analyzes to support the People team and the business
- Support the HRIS systems, as requested. Research and resole HRIS issues and process flaws
- Respond to support requests promptly and accurately, clearly communicating the status of support requests through resolution
- Proactively support the business by keeping current on Workday releases, enhancements and recommending process improvements or alternate methods to meet business needs
- Write process and procedure documentation and provide training
- Manage release maintenance, including testing and application of upgrades or enhancements
- Own and support special projects from start to finish
- Perform other duties as assigned
What Skills and Knowledge You Should Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Human Resources, Business Administration or other closely related field, or equivalent experience preferred
- 8+ years HRIS experience required and 4+ years experience configuring and supporting systems, i.e., Workday, with system implementation experience required
- Workday experience required
- Experience with hands-on configuration with two or more functional areas of Workday, such as Advanced Compensation, HCM, Benefits, Absence, Talent, Learning, Reporting, or Security
- Strong functional knowledge of HR processes and demonstrated ability to define process improvements
- Ability to effectively document, track, and fix HR applications
- Experience running and supporting HRIS/Payroll/Compensation/Benefits systems/procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent project planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Experience with reporting and analyzing HR data
- Results-oriented, takes initiative and can work independently
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Excel required (pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formulas, data tables, etc.)
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events
locations, a different pay range may apply. If so, this range will be provided to you during the recruiting
process. You can also reach out to the recruiter with any questions.
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.