Data Scientist (Senior or Staff) - Data, Analytics and Governance
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who look at the world differently, who explore, analyze and lead the solution they envision. You are a great candidate if: you are passionate about making sense of huge amounts of data, enabling critical decisions, and creating new ways to look at and drive all aspects of a rapidly growing business through data insights. If you are a data scientist that loves making sense out of large amounts of otherwise disconnected data, applying data algorithms, has expertise in statistical learning, and has enabled predictive machine learning features and models, then join the organization that is driving and delivering the company’s data-driven strategy.
What will you do?
- You will be a contributing member of our Data, Analytics & Governance group, made up of experts in analytics, data architecture, infrastructure management, pipeline development & optimization, reporting and visualization, and data governance & management practices.
- You will be responsible for taking a significant role in generating advanced data insights and developing data features and predictive models that apply to various areas across SentinelOne’s business.
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of marketing strategies & tactics, suggest improved revenue opportunities, and determine KPIs that have the greatest correlation to company success.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data from new internal and external or third-party sources.
- Implement and improve testing capabilities that verify results and monitor business outcomes from models in test and production.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- B.Sc in Computer Science / SW Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of working experience in Analytics and Inference Data Science disciplines.
- Programming experience in SQL, Python, and Scala.
- Work experience or familiarity with business intelligence tools (i.e., Tableau, Data Studio, Looker).
- Skills in mathematics (such as calculus and statistics).
- Expertise in exploratory data analysis.
- Working knowledge of the most common data science toolkits, Google Vertex experience is a significant plus.
- Statistic knowledge is essential.
- Excellent ability and commitment to writing technical documents.
- Knowledge of how to visualize data effectively for a given study or project.
- Working knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Knowledge of data management principles and tools.
- Excels in analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to operate in a team, both independently and with others from different backgrounds and geographies - sometimes leading and sometimes following.
- Focusing on even the slightest of details without becoming all-consumed.
- Knowledge and experience in a wide variety of feature development.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Very strong communication skills, verbal and written in English language.
- Great analytic skills
- Willing to take real-time expertise testing & skills evaluation as part of the interview process
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly, stock refresh yearly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Cafeteria points (5.000 CZK/month), which you can spend on leisure & sports, kindergarten/school fees, travel etc.
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments & snacks at the offices (+weekly massages & yoga at Prague office)
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.