Senior C++ Software Engineer - Static Detection
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
You’re a versatile C++ developer who is passionate about cybersecurity, able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly or have an existing breadth of diverse experience. We’re looking for talented software engineers to power our product’s static detection capabilities, for colleagues who look at the world differently, who explore, live to beat the system, and challenge it—people who can drive the development of a new disruptive product from initial stages to production.
Because you will meet extraordinary challenges and scale, face the newest tech and security obstacles and overcome them, you will work with the very BEST in the industry in a flexible and independent environment. Our team is responsible for scanning billions of customer files weekly and our product is running on tens of millions of endpoints worldwide. The team creates and develops patented AI models over the past couple of years.
What will you do?
You will develop the agent side of SentinelOne’s static detection engines, responsible for scanning billions of customer files weekly. These engines protect tens of millions of customer endpoints worldwide, incl. at half of Fortune10 and hundreds of Global2000.
- Collaborating with our Windows, macOS, and Linux teams, you will design our detection flows and implement cutting edge static detection research into our industry-leading endpoint security product (recognized as Leaders by Gartner, #1 in Mitre Att&ck, in SE Labs and by others).
- You will tune multi-threaded production code for maximum performance and stability.
- You will have opportunities to make innovative improvements to the core AI engine (our team creates and develops patented AI models over the past couple of years) and our training data pipeline to make the greatest possible impact on detection.
What experience or knowledge should you bring?
- Several years of experience in developing complex systems
- Strong command of modern C++
- Ability to dive into a new technological field and master it, a self-learner with a solid software engineering/CS background
- Hunger to do part and impact!
It’d be great if you have experience with / or You’d learn & gain on our team:
- Low-level programming and/or malware research
- Parsing file formats
- Knowledge of XGBOOST and experience with building ML pipelines
- Previous experience developing cross-platform components and a solid understanding of different operating systems (Windows/macOS/Linux)
What we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin, remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1 year cliff and then quarterly, stock refresh yearly
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Cafeteria points (5.000 CZK/month), which you can spend on leisure & sports, kindergarten/school fees, travel etc.
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments, snacks & massages at the offices (+weekly yoga at Prague office/ via Zoom)
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.