Staff Software Engineer - Data Platform
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
Do you want to join a company where you’ll be first on the frontlines to define our platform by building the backend of our Data Platform services processing Petabytes of data per day?Joining S1’s Security Data Lake Data platform is an amazing opportunity for anyone passionate about building a best-in-class SaaS solution that allows Security teams worldwide to quickly identify and solve security problems.
Development of new functionalities of the Security Data Lake product that process several Petabytes of data per day.
If you are a polyglot engineer with a keen product eye, you’ll have amazing opportunities to directly impact how customers leverage our Security Data Lake platform in order to perform threat hunting and build threat intelligence solutions on top of it. Specifically, you’ll deal with everything related to data ingestion and processing. Our roadmap includes many new functionalities as well as several cost and performance goals so we can process huge amounts of data at a really great cost point for our customers.
What will you do?
- Software Development (70-80% of time)
- Lead implementations of new specifications; Write tests to cover new code or newly found issues
- Implement with consistent coding patterns with a focus on stability and security
- Review Code
- Raise the quality, stability and security of the code for entire team codebase
- Provide guidance and meaningful feedback, understanding broader patterns and downstream and upstream dependencies
- Build and Review Technical Specifications
- Document trade-offs in solutions/implementations; Document critical implementation details/pipelines; Review and provide feedback on other specs
- Deeply understands architecture of Ingestion pipelines and connected features
- Architect end-to-end solution for a complex feature with loose problem definition
- Support/On-Call Rotation
- Respond/troubleshoot to outage incidents; Fix newly found issues
- Help team members solve problems; Provide feedback; Attend weekly team sync; Provide Daily Standup in Slack
- Primarily modern Java, but you will also come across one or more of the following - Python, Go, Scala
- AWS, GCP, FedRAMP
- Kafka, Redis, S3, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, GitHub
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- You’re passionate about building high-scale elegant and simple distributed systems - and during the past several years you’ve successfully designed & implemented them to solve complex problems
- You enjoy a collaborative development process using design discussions and code review
- You’re looking for the technical challenges of ingesting and processing petabytes of data daily
- You enjoy writing modern Java or Python, Scala, Go, and are in general flexible in learning & using the right tool for the job (incl. new paradigms like Rust etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Kafka or similar on large scale solutions
- You possess solid foundation on building ingestion pipelines, experience with solving high volume streaming challenges and scaling
- You can identify relevant improvements/solutions in the literature & bring them into production when they fit
- Deep understanding of technology trade-offs and costs of different options, to keep the system stable and scalable
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly, stock refresh yearly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Cafeteria points (5.000 CZK/month), which you can spend on leisure & sports, kindergarten/school fees, travel etc.
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments, snacks, massages at the offices & weekly yoga at Prague office/via Zoom
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.