Senior Director, Sales Compensation
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
SentinelOne is looking for a Senior Director, Sales Compensation to join the Total Rewards team at SentinelOne. Reporting to our VP of Total Rewards and M&A, you will be the leadership role for sales compensation at SentinelOne. You are experienced in managing sales compensation programs and balancing internal stakeholder relationships. You will design and implement sales compensation strategies and programs consistent with SentinelOne's business and talent strategies. You'll work with consultants, vendors, and SentinelOne team members to ensure program delivery. Monitoring legal and regulatory changes, you'll ensure we are not just compliant, but ahead of the curve.
What will you do?
- Benchmark current pay and practices to create context for design and administration.
- Establish plan design sales compensation plans that align with the company's goals, business plans, and growth objectives in concert with sales leadership, finance, and other key stakeholders.
- Build and update budgets for pay programs for our commission-based employees, in concert with finance.
- Lead the pay review process for our commission-based employees.
- Ensure commission payments are made accurately and on time in concert with stakeholders like IT and payroll.
- Communicate plan designs to participants and ensure they have the information they need to understand their pay.
- Manage the governance and exception process for sales compensation, including determining when updates need to be made to our policies.
- Ensure our plans and policies are well documented and compliant.
- Analyze the performance of our sales compensation plans, providing updates to company leadership and other stakeholders (e.g., People Business Partners) and evaluating program effectiveness.
- Serve as a point of escalation for questions around offers for new hires and adjustments for existing employees.
- Leverage technology to ensure the infrastructure that sales compensation runs on is scalable and integrated.
- Lead and manage the team responsible for sales compensation, providing direction, mentorship, and coaching.
- Conduct ad-hoc compensation analyses and research projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years related experience which includes at least five years in sales compensation.
- Expert in data analytics and modeling with tools such as Excel (can perform complex functions and scenario modeling).
- Subject matter expertise in sales compensation methodology and modeling.
- Consulting skillset and approach.
- Detail-oriented, and committed to quality and accuracy.
- Understanding of financial and business concepts relating to sales compensation.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment as it relates to sales compensation.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions is preferred.
You will be joining a cutting-edge company, where you will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very best in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Industry leading gender-neutral parental leave
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee stock purchase program
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events
locations, a different pay range may apply. If so, this range will be provided to you during the recruiting
process. You can also reach out to the recruiter with any questions.
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.