Staff Data Modeling Engineer
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
SentinelOne is seeking a talented data modeler to assist with designing and implementing data products. As a data modeler, you will work closely with architects, data engineers, and data analysts to implement data modeling solutions to streamline and support stakeholder reporting and enterprise business intelligence use cases.
To ensure success as a data modeler at SentinelOne, you should have in-depth knowledge of data warehousing, excellent communication skills, and an understanding of how to turn raw data from various sources into easily consumable data products using tools within the data ecysostem, and operate under a philosophy of writing code as a last resort. Ultimately, a top-notch data modeler should be able to design models that reduce data redundancy, streamline data movements, and improve enterprise information management and time to insight.
What will you do?
- Analyzing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models.
- Regularly engage and consult stakeholders on solving business problems through data, guiding the conversation rather than simply taking orders.
- Perform data profiling/analysis activities that help to establish, modify and maintain data models.
- Evaluating existing data systems.
- Working with the development team to create conceptual data models and data flows.
- Developing best practices for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Reviewing modifications of existing systems for cross-compatibility.
- Implementing data strategies and developing physical data models.
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models.
- Evaluating implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing data systems.
- Ability to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as the organization needs.
What skills & knowledge should you bring?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with physical and relational data modeling.
- 3+ years experience working with Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, and related technologies.
- Experience working with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools.
- Expert SQL skills.
- Knowledge of mathematical foundations and statistical analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills -writing and verbal English language..
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
What we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Cafeteria points (5.000 CZK/month), which you can spend on leisure & sports (e.g. discounted MultiSport card), kindergarten/school fees, travel etc.
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments, snacks, massages at the offices & weekly yoga at Prague office/via Zoom
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.