Backend Software Engineer (Python, Go) - Endpoint Protection
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
About the team & role
Our team is responsible for Endpoint & Identity Protection services, and covers end-to-end from agent to backend to frontend the following areas:
- Building services that process traffic between SentinelOne's Agent (which is responsible for protection across all kinds of OS - Windows, Linux, macOS, and also for Identities = Singularity Identity protection for Active Directory/Azure AD) and our cloud-based Management console
- Developing a big part of backend of this Management console itself (which is in short a large-scale distributed system, a complex "control application" used by IT security teams of S1 clients - that can be seen in many S1 vs. Ransomware demos) and the management of the "fleet" of agents deployed on endpoints in client's environments (backends written in Java or Python or Go and deployed in Kubernetes running in AWS or other cloud providers)
We’re a team with a significant impact on how our customers environments are protected, and how they interact with agents. As a core team at S1, we're heavily involved in every end-to-end effort, features development and are key contributors to the design and build of the right architecture of S1's cybersecurity solution to match the scale & hyper-growth of our business.
What Will You Do?
As a Software Engineer and a new member of our team, you will take part in building our next-generation endpoint & identity security offering.
- You will be a stakeholder in the architecture, design, and implementation of a multi-disciplinary cloud-native cybersecurity software platform that serves thousands of users from security teams at enterprise & government customers across the globe (incl. 5 of Fortune 10 and hundreds of Global 2000) and protects tens of millions of endpoints & identities, and handles billions of events every day.
- Software engineers on our team are independent, they lead the features E2E, come up with own improvements in infrastructure and performance components, have the space to promote their own ideas, design & implement them; they own very important flows at S1 and deal with extraordinary performance and optimization challenges, given the scale of our cybersecurity services.
What skills and knowledge should you need to bring?
- Several years of hands-on experience with modern Java or Python, Go, or similar
- Ability to quickly dive into new products and understand their inner working
- Self-driven individual
- Experience from with large-scale high-load distributed systems & performance
- Excellent communication skills - you will be regularly in touch with Product, Technical Account Managers (who provide feedback from clients) and other Engineering teams
It’d be great if you have experience with / or You’d learn & gain on our team:
- Experience with Docker, Helm & Kubernetes
- Familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud platforms
- Experience from a SaaS company
What we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Cafeteria points (5.000 CZK/month), which you can spend on leisure & sports (e.g. discounted MultiSport card), kindergarten/school fees, travel etc.
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments, snacks, massages at the offices & weekly yoga at Prague office/via Zoom
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.