Senior Database Engineer / PostgreSQL Developer
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior DBA/DBE to join our world-leading cybersecurity company. This is a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and make an impact in the industry. Our company is dedicated to providing top-notch security solutions to our clients, with a focus on reliability, scalability, and efficiency. Our goal is to provide our clients with a service uptime of five nines (99.999%).
What will you do?
- Build and manage in-house RDS on top of PostgreSQL
- Design and implement efficient database schemas
- Optimize and tune query performance to ensure reliability and scalability
- Develop and maintain automation tools for database deployments using Kubernetes and cloud-native technologies
- Work closely with development teams to design and implement efficient database schemas
- Write code in Go lang to automate database tasks
- Design and implement NoSQL databases as needed
What skills & knowledge should you bring?
- Strong experience in PostgreSQL database administration
- Strong experience with Kubernetes, Operators and cloud-native deployments
- Strong experience in designing and implementing a multitenancy model
- Proficiency in writing code in Go lang
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with schema design and query performance tuning
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Monthly Meal & Wellbeing Allowance
- Private medical care membership
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments and snacks at the offices
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.