Senior Backend Engineer - Cloud Data Security
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What is the role about?
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Cloud Data Security (CDS) team. As a backend engineer on our team, you will contribute to the development of innovative cloud security products using the latest technologies and frameworks across multiple cloud providers, including AWS, GCP, and Azure. Your primary responsibility will be designing and implementing high-performance, scalable, and always-available cloud-based systems.
You'll be working on a industry leading solution offering AI-powered threat detection and response for cloud data and storage, such as Amazon S3 or NetApp.
What will you do?
- Research, design, and implement cutting-edge cloud security products, focusing on the prevention of malicious activities in cloud storage and AI-driven data classification.
- Develop and maintain high-quality, scalable Backend services within a microservices architecture.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to architect large and scalable cloud-based applications.
- Utilize your expertise to design and develop solutions on top of different cloud providers.
- Contribute effectively in an agile and dynamic development environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional drive and communication skills to work collaboratively within the team.
Your tools: Golang and Java, AWS/GCP; Kubernetes, Docker; Postgres, Redis, Kafka; GitHub etc.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- Several years of hands-on experience in designing services and developing features within a microservices architecture with one or more of the following - Java, Go, Python, or C++.
- Proven experience in designing and architecting large and scalable cloud-based applications, and developing on AWS infrastructure.
- Strong familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Exceptional drive, communication, and problem-solving skills.
It’d be great if you have experience with / or You’d learn & gain on our team:
- Experience with Docker, Helm, and Kubernetes, and IaC tools like Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, including Azure and GCP, with a focus on Storage and Message Queues.
- Handson experience with Go and C++.
- Experience working with large-scale management systems and optimizing system performance.
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
What we offer you
Salary from 4000 EUR/month.
Yearly % bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments.
*The final base salary component can be increased accordingly to individual skills and experience of the selected candidate.
On top of that you may look forward to:
- Flexible working hours & Full remote within Slovakia; optional membership in Regus co-working spaces; in Czechia we also have offices in Prague or Brno
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1 year cliff and then quarterly
- Meal Allowance (maximum value of the employer’s contribution per day: €4.29)
- Wellbeing Allowance (€120/month)
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too - mostly in Czechia expensed as business trip (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.