Senior Technical Writer
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
About The Role
The SentinelOne Product Documentation team is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the knowledge base, product help, support-specific deliverables, and on-demand PDFs. We use an XML-based CCMS that single-sources to all our delivery mediums. We are committed to constant innovation and improvement of methodologies and self-development.
Every team member is expected to learn technology on their own, use the product, create assets (procedures, videos, conceptual topics, and more), be helpful and responsive to all in SentinelOne, and work as a team (sharing the load and knowledge).
What are we looking for?
You will create videos, release notes, user procedures, user scenarios, graphics, and innovate for more formats. You will also create virtual environments and run automation scripts. You will peer review and write according to our controlled language and style guide. Every day will be a new challenge, a new set of skills to use and on which to improve, based on your preferences in the requirements of the current projects.
What will you do?
- Plan, research, and document features in a topic-based method. Research includes collaboration with Support, Development, QA, Product Management, and other teams, with a focus on self-learning through hands-on and independent study.
- Write according to our style guide and our implementation of STE to create error-free release notes and admin guides, published to multiple formats.
- Work with the Product Documentation team to create integrated, consistent deliverables and to innovate for constant improvement.
- Create videos of procedures.
- Share the load on team projects for quick releases and across-the-board quality updates.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- 3+ years experience as a technical writer in English
- Graduate of a technical writing course
- Ability to learn quickly and to produce quality
- Consistent self-tracking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Native English, written and verbal
- Bonus: Experience with cyber security
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
On top of that we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Monthly Meal & Wellbeing Allowance
- Private medical care membership
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments and snacks at the offices
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.