Infrastructure Engineer - Developer Productivity
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
About the team
The Developer Experience organization’s mission is to partner with other SentinelOne engineering teams and increase the velocity of development and delivery of software through continuous innovation and standardization. In the DevEx org we are building the platform that SentinelOne engineers use to release services and features to our customers, making it easy for engineers to get from POC to production as safely and quickly as possible.
As a team we value
- Thinking from first principles, understanding second order impacts
- Curiosity to understand new systems, their operating principles and limitations
- Strong operational ownership and a desire to reduce toil via automation
- A product-focused mindset
- A drive to learn, especially from prior failures
- Courage to take risks and make things happen
- Empathy and humility to collaborate effectively with peers and across teams
- An async, remote-first collaboration environment
What are we looking for?
As a Infrastructure Engineer you will create high leverage points and have a significant impact on the productivity of software engineering teams within SentinelOne. You are someone who has experience developing software, has a passion for infrastructure tooling and systems engineering.
You like working with other engineers and making an impact on their day to day happiness.
You are enthusiastic about improving developer workflows, creating documentation, and enhancing overall developer satisfaction.
You make data-driven decisions.
You are a doer.
What will you do?
- The engineering teams are our primary customers. You will be working with them to understand their problems and find long term solutions.
- You will be building tools that improve the quality of life and streamlining the development process for the teams so that they can build without having to worry about the underlying infrastructure.
- You will collaborate with other infrastructure teams to help build scalable solutions.
- You will be working on understanding, evaluating, and enhancing the pipelines that connect the end-to-end development process to improve efficiency and reduce friction.
- You will work on identifying causes of toil in engineering teams and actively reducing or eliminating it completely.
- You will have the opportunity to build full stack services consumed by a variety of different personas and teams, from product engineering to leadership, from finance to customer support.
- You will participate in the full software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, architecture design, coding, testing, and deployment.
- You will review the work of other team members and provide constructive feedback.
- You will collaborate with product teams to refine feature requirements and prioritize work based on customer value.
What skills and experience should you:
- Experience developing software, ideally involved in the full lifecycle from requirements analysis to coding, testing, and deployment.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Nomad, or any similar orchestration system. Bonus points for development experience on any of these technologies.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or any other cloud infrastructure. Development on these or any cloud technologies is a plus.
- Experience with Software development processes using JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Familiarity with writing technical documentation and design specifications.
- Familiarity with CI systems and practical delivery using any of Travis, CircleCI, Github Actions, Codefresh, Spinnaker, Jenkins or buildkite
- Familiarity with building tools and automation for software development processes.
- Familiarity with deployment strategies like blue green, rolling deploys, canary deploys and best practices around deployment automation (with tools like shipit or spinnaker) is desired
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one primary language (Python, Java, Crystal, GoLang, Ruby) along with knowledge of build, testing, and code coverage tools.
- Familiarity with both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with IaC and tools (Terraform, Pulumi, etc.)
- Bonus points for active participation in developer communities or open-source projects.
What we offer you
Salary from 3000 EUR/month.
Yearly % bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments.
*The final base salary component can be increased accordingly to individual skills and experience of the selected candidate.
On top of that you may look forward to:
- Flexible working hours & Full remote within Slovakia; optional membership in Regus co-working spaces; in Czechia we also have offices in Prague or Brno
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1 year cliff and then quarterly
- Meal Allowance (maximum value of the employer’s contribution per day: €4.29)
- Wellbeing Allowance (€120/month)
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too - mostly in Czechia expensed as business trip (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.