Senior Software Engineer in Test - SaaS Platform
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
About the role
Our Validation Group is seeking for an experienced automation engineer with a passion for code, quality and also cybersecurity. People who start by understanding the product’s “guts” and then find ways to beat it.
We're looking for a new team member who is versatile and knows exactly how to improve processes and make them more efficient to make sure we have a winning product (that is capable of handling billions of events daily from the tens of millions of endpoints we protect among enterprise & public sector clients across the globe, incl. 5 of Fortune 10 and hundreds of Global 2000).
What will you do?
- Design, develop (Python/Pytest) and implement automation tests in all components of SentinelOne product with main focus on our SAAS platform and its EndPoint Protection part (e.g. API testing, backend and infrastructure testing, client-server testing, E2E testing etc.)
- Testing the quality of SentinelOne EPP/EDR solutions
- Triage and automate the triaging of test execution results
- Ensure coverage on critical components and close any test gaps that have been identified
- Work closely with the global team to ensure communication of automation & test execution
What experience or knowledge should you bring?
- Proven experience in test automation - developing tests using Python
- Previous experience in testing SAAS products (cloudbased) and microservices architecture
- Ability to reproduce issues and work closely with development to resolve
- Debugging experience and ability to investigate and triage difficult problems
- Experience in SW validation methodologies and concepts, testing and integration
- Strong self-management capabilities: proactive, initiative, self-learner
- Experience with building and maintaining Jenkins jobs
It’d be great if you have experience with / or You’d learn & gain on our team:
- Knowledge of OS internals or administration
- Familiarity with VMWare or other virtualizations
- Experience with AWS or/and GCP, Kubernetes, Docker and Kafka
- SW development experience in Python or similar
- Automation experience in Playwright, Selenium etc. (you might come across limited amount of tasks on the UI side)
What we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin, remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Monthly Meal & Wellbeing Allowance
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments and snacks at the offices
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.