Senior Commercial Legal Counsel, EMEA
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
Senior Commercial Counsel, EMEA Position at SentinelOne (Remote - Germany)
We're growing across the board, and are looking for a detail-oriented, independent, and resourceful attorney to join the SentinelOne commercial legal team as a Senior Commercial Counsel, EMEA. With a strong focus on growth and a ton of interesting work at the leading and most interesting cybersecurity company in the world, SentinelOne is the perfect place to develop your skills in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a pragmatic, smart, collaborative, and professional team player to join our international commercial legal team and support our commercial work in EMEA and to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization. The position is remote. The candidate must reside in Germany. Areas of focus include a range of commercial transactions such as customer contracts, channel agreements, strategic partnership, and data privacy.
The ideal candidate will have in-house experience, as well as aptitude to learn, adapt and thrive in an ever-changing, growing environment.
What Will You Do?
- Negotiate inbound and outbound agreements with customers, channel partners, strategic partners, and other business parties across standard and non-standard deal papers
- Advise, provide guidance, and develop policies and processes on a broad range of commercial, privacy, regulatory and legal compliance matters
- Provide day-to-day commercial legal support, business focused counseling, and advice to the sales organization.
- Partner with revenue operations, sales operations, deal desk, product teams, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and process
- Lead internal projects, trainings, processes, and drive cross-functional efforts to completion
What skills and experience should you bring?
- Minimum of 8+ years combined experience in-house at a global company drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including good working knowledge of SaaS agreements, technology licensing, strategic deals, and channel agreements (such as resell, distribution, MSP, etc.). Experience in a cybersecurity is a plus.
- L.L.B, JD, or an equivalent degree from an accredited law school. LL.M from a leading U.S. or UK school is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of data protection laws (including GDPR) and experience negotiating DPAs.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, set priorities, meet deadlines, and resolve complex problems with a thorough understanding of the changing legal needs in a fast-growing business environment
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work independently and willingness to be flexible and adaptive in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English
- Ability to lead and operate in a fast-paced, flexible culture and excel under pressure while maintaining an accountable, collaborative, positive, and pleasant attitude
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.