Staff Software Engineer (Remote)
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What Are We Looking For?
We are seeking a highly skilled Staff Software Engineer to join our IT team at SentinelOne. As a Staff SWE, you will play a critical role in driving the implementation of tooling and automation platforms, as well as orchestrating the AI solutions we deploy.
What Will You Do?
- Perform software development, deployment, and support of commercial and custom software solutions
- Architect, design, develop, and support third party, custom, and integrated platforms and solutions
- Support the company's SDLC concepts and change management practices
- Cultivate strong relationships between business, IT, related outsourcing vendors, and software vendors
- Participate and occasionally lead custom software development solutions, AI, business intelligence, and integration with hardware, software, and data layers in software solutions
- Provide expertise in various software development layers, including front-end, back-end, middle layers, and full stack development
- Lead, drive, and partake in SDLC methodologies, including different degrees and combinations of agile and waterfall methods
- Provide subject matter expertise by leading integration of key business functions into architecture, design, development, testing, and implementation of full stack (UI frameworks, business logic, and database) software solutions
- Provide guidance and feedback to team members, considering broader patterns and dependencies
- Software Development (60-70% of time): lead the implementation of new specifications, write tests to ensure code quality, and focus on stability and security; review code and raise the overall quality, stability, and security of the codebase
- Build and Review Technical Specifications: document trade-offs in solutions, critical implementation details, and pipelines; review and provide feedback on technical specifications from other team members
- Support/On-Call Rotation: respond to and troubleshoot outage incidents, as well as fix newly-discovered issues
- Teamwork: collaborate with team members to solve problems, provide feedback, and actively participate in team sync meetings and daily standups via Slack
What Skills and Experience Will You Need?
- Strong foundation in building, configuring, and maintaining software solutions at scale
- Solid experience in designing and implementing high-scale distributed systems using modern languages such as Java, Scala, Go, or similar
- Proficiency in tools and technologies such as Kafka (highly desirable), Splunk, S3, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, and GitHub
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP, and FedRAMP
- Passion for building elegant and simple distributed systems, and a track record of successfully delivering complex solutions
- Enjoyment of collaborative development processes, including design discussions and code reviews
- Desire to tackle technical challenges related to ingesting and processing petabytes of data on a daily basis
- Ability to identify relevant improvements and solutions from technical literature and apply them in production when appropriate
- Deep understanding of technology trade-offs and the cost implications of different options to maintain system stability and scalability
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.