Senior Staff Software Engineer - Backend - Singularity Data Lake
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
The Singularity Data Lake team is responsible for SentinelOne's highly scalable data lake’s API and UI. Our mission is to elevate our Singularity Data-Lake security applications portfolio by introducing leading-edge solutions and features.
Our team solves non-trivial scale and data problems with a unique blending of cloud, distributed systems, and software optimisation techniques and services. This team is responsible for building and maintaining various observability applications.
As a Sr. Staff Engineer, you will be responsible for being a key engineer for building observability products. You will play a key role in defining and executing development procedures, building the products and working with junior team members in order to get things done. You will interact with peer engineers from within as well as across the org, tech leads and architects, product management, sales, and marketing.
What will you do?
- Participate in Design, hands-on implementation of observability applications backend that delight our customers.
- Work with product managers & tech leads to break down and estimate tasks towards delivering any features to customers.
- Engage cross-functionally with other engineers and architects, product managers, and customer success teams.
- Respond and/or troubleshoot to outage incidents (Support/On-Call Rotation) and fix newly found issues
- Help team members solve problems and support them in their growth.
- Most of our new components are written in Go and we use Java extensively for our current backend. You will also work with Python and Scala.
- For communication between our microservices we're using gRPC, REST, GraphQL APIs, and Kafka, depending on the requirements.
- We use Redis for caches and have our own columnar time series database for efficient events storage and retrieval at scale.
- We run our services in AWS and GCP, including FedRAMP-designated environments.
What skills & knowledge should you bring?
- Experience with large scale management systems & performance and being involved in their architecture.
- Strong software engineering experience and competence in one or more languages – Go (a big plus) and Java, building APIs for scale.
- Demonstrable technical leadership experience.
- Self-driven individual.
- Ability to quickly dive into new products and understand their inner workings.
- A degree in Computer Science/Software engineering OR equivalent.
What additional skills and knowledge would be a plus?
- Experience with Docker, Helm & Kubernetes and familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud platforms.
- Experience with database schema design and with database usage (SQL and/or NoSQL).
- Having been part of building observability systems at scale.
You will be joining a cutting-edge company, where you will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very best in the industry.
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Monthly Meal & Wellbeing Allowance
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments and snacks at the offices
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.