Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data analyst
Here's the gist:
Running an independent business comes with a lot of responsibilities, not least of which are all the admin tasks that take up a lot of precious time. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps independent business owners streamline their process and get organized so they can get back to doing what they love.
The independent business economy is on the rise: more new businesses were started in the United States in 2020 than at any other time in the last 15 years. Our company, like the clients we serve, thrives on creativity and innovation — in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $498M from investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd and Citi Ventures.
But we need your help.
HoneyBook is a product that is transforming the way independent professionals operate their business. Across the United States and Canada our members are turning to HoneyBook's all-in-one platform to handle everything from first inquiry to final invoice, and the code you write will become an essential part of our quest to empower independents to rise together doing what they love. The product team at HoneyBook is growing quickly and this is an exciting time to join us. Our roles overlap frequently and we learn a lot from each other. Communication is key.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst with a passion for turning data into digestible stories that stakeholders of all levels can understand and utilize. The insights you find will impact every piece of our funnel which will then drive strategic business decisions. We need someone who is curious and proactive about finding impactful insights.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Discover and effectively communicate unique, actionable insights to business partners and senior leadership that address the most important business questions we are facing
- Extract data from internal systems, identify the correct metrics needed, create reports and analyze them to understand key trends.
- Partner with product leaders and product marketing to improve understanding of user behavior and develop creative strategies to drive feature adoption and product engagement.
- Create systems and tools to empower the team to find answers themselves.
Here is what is needed:
- 4+ years working in a data analytics role with expert SQL skills
- Proven track record collaborating with teams to leverage data-driven insights to improve performance.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools - Looker, Tableau, etc.
- You have a bias towards action; you don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do and are comfortable working with ambiguity.
- You don’t stop once you pull the data; you love turning numbers into actionable insights.
- You’re a strong communicator and have an art for communicating complex findings in a simple way.
- Your thinking is structured and you have excellent intuition for numbers and data.
- You are innately curious and want to find deeper meanings.
- And most importantly, you believe in HoneyBook’s mission and know how you will contribute to our success.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge - our primary customers today are creative businesses, which accounts for $150B per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in four years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $78M from investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.